Re: Medical and scientific writing

Subject: Re: Medical and scientific writing
From: "Ivie, Guy" <GuyI -at- CORPMAIL -dot- FOLLETT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 07:38:00 PST

I'd suggest you take some pre-med classes or classes in the sciences in
order to gain some background knowledge and become familiar with the
language. Then check with biomed companies in your area (medical software
companies might be a good choice, since they would make use of the
training you have with computers) and try to set up an internship. Also
check with your school. I got my first "real" tech writing job via my
university's co-op program. The 3 month co-op turned into a full-time job
that lasted 4 years.