PC Processing Power

Subject: PC Processing Power
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 11:30:03 +0100

Hello Greg,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von gddrew -at- JUNO -dot- COM an All am 28.03.97

gg> From: Gregory D Drew <gddrew -at- JUNO -dot- COM>

gg> We ordered Pentiums with 8 megs RAM and no CD-ROM

in the long run this might have been a better choice than 486s with enough RAM
for about the same price.

gg> Now, I'm getting ready to purchase RAM to bring the computers
gg> up to 32MB

This might force you to remove the 8 MBs still in the machines.

gg> However, we still have the issue of no CD-ROMs. More and
gg> more we're
gg> finding that software is distributed on CD, plus CD versions
gg> often prove
gg> to be better values since they include more goodies.

Get an external CD-ROM drive that you can connect to the parallel port. Shure,
this is SLOOOOOW, but how often do you install a new program?

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

--
Alexander von Obert, Urbanstr. 2, 90480 Nuernberg, Germany
Free-lance Technical Writer (electronics, software)