PC Processing Power (was Home Alone)

Subject: PC Processing Power (was Home Alone)
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 12:02:07 +0100

Hello Matt,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM an All am 29.03.97

ss> From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>

ss> Most of my "writing" is done in that old classic, QEdit, which
ss> if
ss> necessary will run under DOS 5.0 (or maybe earlier, I never
ss> tried) on a
ss> 286. The text can then be imported into whatever layout tool
ss> (Word,
ss> Lotus, Frame, etc.). Why bog yourself down with all that
ss> unnecessary stuff when all you're doing is creating content?

many tasks can be done with very old, "outdated" equipment. E.g., I write this
on a 486/40 MHz with 8 MBs of RAM and a 500 MB hard disk - even a 386
with 2 MBs of RAM would do if no one had donated the motherboard for my BBS.
But I added a $700 Zyxel ISDN/modem combo yesterday.

This machine delivers messages to some 300 people, not counting media like
this mailing list. Send a message to info -at- twh -dot- msn -dot- sub -dot- org so see what it could
do even for you :-)

Back to topic: I mostly write and most formatting is done by my partners or
customers. Most of my work is done with Word for DOS!

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

--
Alexander von Obert, Urbanstr. 2, 90480 Nuernberg, Germany
Free-lance Technical Writer (electronics, software)