Re[2]: Hiring Practices

Subject: Re[2]: Hiring Practices
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 10:12:40 -0500

Arlen P Walker
04/02/97 10:12 AM

Or maybe it's none of your business. Maybe it's a webpage about panic
disorders, heart conditions, depression, or some other medical
condition. Maybe it's a "Tips for Single Parents" page, or a series
of essays on being a Muslim in a Christian society.

I must have been having a really bad day. I could have sworn I included the
phrase "the content of the work so discovered is strictly out of bounds"
when I posted my comment. Yet everyone who's jumped at me has quite
conveniently decided not to read that phrase. Can I ask what there is about
"strictly out of bounds" that's so hard to understand?

"You can't expect an employer to ignore it!" I hear you cry. Funny. We
expect employers to completely ignore other facets of a prospective
employee which cannot be hidden, such as membership in particular ethnic
classes. This is different?

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224