Re: How many PCs does

Subject: Re: How many PCs does
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 15:05:09 -0500

Lisa Miller:
>How many PCs does it take to document an application?
>
>I think it takes two: one to run the application; one to document the
>application.

Depends on a couple of things:
\The amount of RAM on your machine---can it run both the app and the doc
s/w at the same time without gagging and choking? If so, then you can do
the job on one computer.

\The operating system that you use for writing the doc, and the operating
system the app runs under. If they run under the same OS, or if you have a
dual OS system (like a PowerMac with a secondary Intel processor), or
enough memory to run the app with emulator s/w (like SoftWindows on a Mac),
you can do the job on one computer.

\The size of your monitor. With my double-page monitor, you can do the job
on one computer. For example, I can have an app running on one side of the
screen and FrameMaker on the other side.

@Kat MasterWork Consulting Services, Rochester, NY katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
Technical writing--Editing--Website development
http://members.aol.com/mwrk/ (revised 3/14/97)
http://members.aol.com/katnagel/ (revised 3/15/97)
"Worst-case forecasts are always too optimistic."/Norman Augustine