Re: Internet Instructions Needed

Subject: Re: Internet Instructions Needed
From: Kathleen Padova <kpadova -at- ASICENTRAL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 09:06:00 -0500

This may seem odd; but someone (not a tech writer) writing the product
specs for an internet site we're developing for a client called a row
of links the "toolbar." Unfortunately the term stuck, even though the
row of plain text links looks nothing like a toolbar. Later on a tech
writer went in to rewrite the product specs; but it was too late;
everyone expected "toolbar."

Kathleen Padova
kpadova -at- millstar,com

Subject: Internet Instructions Needed
Author: SHANNONK -at- SMTP (Shannon Kelly) {shannonk -at- FIRST1045 -dot- FIRST12 -dot- LEHMAN -dot- COM}
at MHS
Date: 4/8/97 4:27 PM

I am writing Internet instructions for novice users and am looking for
non-technical terms to describe the non-changing choices within the
navational frame at the top of each page and those within the changing frame
located at the left-hand side of each page.

I've tried vertical list of links on the left-hand side of each page,
navigational buttons/menus at the top of of each page, ...

Everything sounds cumbersome and overly complicated. Anyone have any
ideas or know of a good book?

Thanks,
Shannon Kelly
shannonk -at- lehman -dot- com