Re: Managing Help Files

Subject: Re: Managing Help Files
From: SUZANNE PYLE <comline -at- STAR -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 08:14:49 -0400

At 11:30 AM 4/10/97 -0500, Susan wrote:
>Hi, Hi!!
>
> I need the benefit of other people's experiences.

Suzanne replies: boundaries, boundaries, and more boundaries...that's what
I'm finding is the key. Since the people who are driving the project seem to
be all over the road, its up to you, (and me) as project leaders, to set up
clear boundaries, even if management doesn't get it. At least we can
determine for ourselves what we can and cannot do given the time
constraints. Maybe spend sometime by yourself figuring out what is
realistic and possible, considering resources, schedules, your skill level,
and access to everything you need, and then spell it out to management. They
need to know that planning and commitment to some manageable goal is the
only way to have a good outcome. Otherwise, everything is free floating
anxiety and no one is really sure what the deliverables are, or what the end
goal is.

Suzanne