Anyone heard of this Tufte guy?

Subject: Anyone heard of this Tufte guy?
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 10:33:30 -0500

Hello, everyone--

I just got this flier about a book called _Visual Explanations_ by
Edward Tufte. The flyer calls it pictures of verbs. I think the
information in this book might be useful, if it's done well. A lot of
times a series of pictures can make simple a text-based Gourdian knot.
But the book ain't exactly cheap ($40) and I ain't exactly loaded (with
money, that is). Has anyone used anything by Mr. Tufte? If so, can you
tell me how effective his work is? Has anyone used this book?

I'm always looking for new tools to reach for the tech writing Mendoza
line, so your input would be helpful.

Thanks.

Chris

--
Chris Hamilton, Technical Writer
Greenbrier & Russel

Spock: "Random chance seems to have operated in our favor."
McCoy: "So in plain, non-Vulcan English, we got lucky."
-- The Doomsday Machine