Re: Anyone heard of this Tufte guy?

Subject: Re: Anyone heard of this Tufte guy?
From: Laura Dent <Laura-Dent -at- DESHAW -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 12:08:37 -0400

oh yes - he is a major guru and inspiration of mine (only
half-exaggerating). Tufte has written several books with
pompous-sounding titles, including:

_The Visual Display of Quantitative Information_
_Envisioning Information_
and now
_Visual Explanations_

I got the first one, but balked at getting any more of them; I sorta
figured I got the gist of it, and (I wonder) he seems to be saying the
same thing over and over again - ?

that said, if you can get somebody else to spring for it (!), *get* one
or more of these books. If not, just find a good place to browse
thoroughly ;-)

you'll never use Chartjunk again!

highly recommended.

laura

p.s. I actually *saw* Tufte speak once at the MIT Media Lab. truly
excellent.