Review of research on graphic text design

Subject: Review of research on graphic text design
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 06:59:57 +0800

Dick Miller posted the following summary to the UTEST list last month.

I asked Dick if I could forward this to TECHWR-L, as type issues are
a hardy perennial here, and he agreed. I thought this might be useful
as it's clearly presented *and* has references, unlike 90% of the
flameb... er, opinions that usually gets posted.

You don't have to agree with all these findings (in fact it would be
a worry if you did, as some of them are contradictory) but at least
you have the opportunity to chase them down to their source.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield (slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au) "Live wrong and prosper"
Functional Software Pty Ltd