Acrobat for a regularly updated doc?

Subject: Acrobat for a regularly updated doc?
From: Steven Jong <SteveFJong -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 15:06:14 -0400

Lori H Guillory <lhguillory -at- JUNO -dot- COM> asks if anyone is using Adobe Acrobat
for softcopy document distribution. We have recently gotten Adobe Exchange
3.0, and we've sent a few documents out already (mainly older documents for
posting to client intranets). Given that the client has been bombarding us
with requests for drafts as source files (!), this seems much the better
option, but we haven't thought through the issues of pricing and licensing
yet.

As for the technical issues, if all we want to send is an unadorned
(un-bookmarked) draft, writing directly to a PDF file is marvelous, reducing
the effort from hours to seconds. I know that you can password-protect a PDF
file against copying, modification, or printing if you wish; I think I wish
to take advantage of that feature. As far as rebuilding the bookmarks is
concerned, I've just gotten the hang of making them, so remaking them isn't a
problem yet 8^) Seriously, you can click and copy bookmarks very rapidly,
without typing.

-- Steve