Re: Editing, Smediting

Subject: Re: Editing, Smediting
From: David Castro <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 08:04:30 -0700

At 10:52 AM 4/17/97 -0400, Williams, Diane (contractor) wrote:
>>>Tell me your answers to editing. How do you do it?<<
>
>Don't edit your own writing. Ask a fresh pair of eyes to it.

If you are a lone technical writer, and have nobody who will take
a look at it (and don't have resources to hire another technical
writer), consider hiring an intern from your local college (my
panacea--the cure for all ills!). They're usually cheap or free,
and are a *truly* fresh set of eyes, most likely matching your
lowest common denominator for lack of experience with your
product.

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com