Re: ISO Standard for Warnings?

Subject: Re: ISO Standard for Warnings?
From: "Ivie, Guy" <GuyI -at- CORPMAIL -dot- FOLLETT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 15:03:00 PDT

Not sure about ISO standards, but while I was contracting at Aramco to do
inspection training manuals, we had three levels of "asides" in the
document.

Note: This is additional information that helps amplify some point, but
it won't hurt anything if you skip it.

Caution: Pay attention to this or you'll damage equipment or otherwise
cost the company a lot of money.

Warning: Pay attention to this or risk hurting or killing
yourself/others, as well as cause MAJOR damage to some company
installation.

We explained that convention at the beginning of each manual.

Guy Ivie
GuyI -at- corpmail -dot- follett -dot- com