Re: Why do you do contract work?

Subject: Re: Why do you do contract work?
From: John Gough <gough -at- AUSTIN -dot- ASC -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:55:40 -0500

Since I cast a few aspersions on Kate's posting initially,
it seems only fair to report that we have traded email.
She seems to be on the up-and-up.

I don't think I was overreacting to her post--it asked detailed
questions and did not tell anything about who she was or why
she wanted the info. I hadn't seen postings from her before.
It looked like an agency fishing for data.

Harkens me to the rhetorical/anthropological end o' the tech
writing biz, specifically (Aristotle's) _ethos_: be careful
about establishing your persona, and watch out that you
don't get mistaken for something you aren't.

Kate in turn reported that
>[snip] I have a total of 8 survey responses
>and 22 requesting the results!!

Good luck Kate, and next time introduce yourself so
we know what a nice person you are. :-)

John