Training Dept vs. Documentation Dept

Subject: Training Dept vs. Documentation Dept
From: Mike Donoghue <Pertwee -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 12:56:03 -0400

I am looking for individuals (who don't mind being quoted) to provide me with
input for an article I am writing for my local STC newsletter.

The basis of this article is to try and determine what the "ideal"
relationship is between training and documentation associates regarding the
development of materials. Both training people and documentation people have
different opinions as to what the material should look like, what form it
should take, etc. This article will stress the importance of collaboration
and definition of responsibility on projects, how much is shared, and so
forth. It will also discuss the points of friction which can exist.

Can anyone provide me with some input as to how they have handled projects
like this in the past (both from a training point of view and documentation
point of view). In looking through the newsgroup archives, I only found
about a half dozen people who had potentially worked on collaborations of
this sort.

Many thanks -
Mike Donoghue