Any tips on using Front Page for docs that will be printed?

Subject: Any tips on using Front Page for docs that will be printed?
From: Joy Zigo <Joy -dot- Zigo -at- HARPERCOLLINS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 16:42:42 -0400

Tech Writers of the World--

I'm planning a short (6 to 8 page) Guide to an in-house application.
The document will be available to users in hard copy and will also be
available on the intranet for users who want to print it out from
there.

That is, it will not be redesigned for online use, but simply posted
so as to be readable online and also usable as a printed document.
I've previously posted short documents on the intranet by PDFing
MSWord documents. But with HTML, I see this as one long page that
users can print in one fell swoop.

Front Page has been chosen as the standard authoring tool for the
intranet. I've used other authoring tools, but not Front Page.
- What experience do people have using Front Page with documents that
are intended to be printable?
- Is there a sensible way to make a TOC that would show page numbers
for the hard copy reader? (If anyone wants to simply use it from the
intranet, page numbers will not make sense...)
- Is there any advantage (or disadvantage) to creating the document in
Word and then importing it to Front Page?
- Can Front Page do the .BMP to .GIF conversion of screen shots? Would
you do that in Paint Shop Pro instead?

Many thanks for any suggestions!--Joy
joy -dot- zigo -at- harpercollins -dot- com

Speaking strictly for myself, not for HarperCollins