on line indexing

Subject: on line indexing
From: Becca Price <RP51 -at- CHRYSLER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 13:39:05 EDT

Going through my archives, I ran across a copy of a paper by Ralph Earle,
Robert Berry, and Michelle Corbin Nichols called INdexing Online Information,
published in the 2nd Quarter 1996 issue of Technical Communication.

I have a number of questions for them about the technology they were
discussing, and some definitions of terms (how is an online index different
from the keyword search? I can't tell from the article whether they're talking
about keyword searches (like using the Search button in Windows 3.1 help
or the Index tab in Windows 95 help) or whether they mean full text search
engines).

does anyone know how to contact any of these authors? at the time of
publication at least, they all worked for IBM.

Thanks!

Becca
rp51 -at- chrysler -dot- com