Re: H-V Electrical Distribution Systems

Subject: Re: H-V Electrical Distribution Systems
From: Mike Collier - SSG <MikeCol -at- SBSERVICES -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 15:04:55 -0400

Here's what I would do:

Go to a university library or bookstore and find electrical engineering
textbooks that describe high voltage electrical distribution systems.
Look for well-illustrated books with good descriptions. Study them and
get a good general background on the subject. You now have something
you can approach a subject matter expert with:

Tech Writer: (pointing to illustration in text:) Are these the types of
controls our transformer stations have?

SME: Yes, but we also have (proceeds to scribble all over your book).

Is there someone around the office who used to be a lineman, and who
might be more available than a lineman working in the field all the
time? Such a person would prove to be a valuable resource, I think.

Michael Collier
mikecol -at- sbservices -dot- com
SOFTBANK Services Group
Buffalo, NY