Sunny Portland????

Subject: Sunny Portland????
From: Becca Barrett <BBarrett -at- CFIPRO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 08:51:34 PST

On 4/28 Tim Johnson wrote

One question before I go. Is Portland, Oregon sunny or rainy? Someone
said it rains every day. The two times I've been there the sun was
shining bright. I'm confused.

My Answer
Rain every day in Portland, OR is a myth the natives like to use to
discourage people who want to move here. Acturally, the winter weather
leans heavily to rain and mild temperatures.When the sun shines in the
winter, it's very cold because the wind blows off the snowy mountains
to the east of town. The great thing about the winters as far as I'm
concerned is that the snow mainly stays in the mountains, where it
belongs. And I never have to plug in my car to keep the battery from
dying. In the summer, about July 15th the weather dries up and the sun
comes out and usually stays until about Oct. 15th.

By the way, in Seattle, it does rain every day.

Becca Barrett
in Portland, Oregon
bbarrett -at- cfipro -dot- com