Fav DTP

Subject: Fav DTP
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:48:22 -0700

Melanie comments about Interleaf...

>Unless Interleaf has had a major upgrade in the last year, I will
>take Frame's indexing any day. Interleaf wrecks havoc with hyphens
>or any other special character in the index.

It might depend on one's work habits. I like working from the
doc and building an index. It sounds like you prefer to work
inside the index and adding markers to the doc.

Frame's hyperlink capability doesn't help when you don't have an
index. There aren't any links.

So... perhaps we should agree to disagree. Howeveh, there's one
thing we both agree on.

Interleaf isn't worth the bucks. Or to put it another way: I
absolutely LOVE working on Interleaf - because someone else is
paying me bucks to work on a terrific DTP that _they_ paid for.

I like cutting deals both ways....

David (The Man) Blyth
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM - Standard disclaimers apply. They don't represent me, I don't
represent them.

Blodo Poa Maximus