Re: Hot to Trot Places

Subject: Re: Hot to Trot Places
From: Jay Mead <jlmead -at- OURAY -dot- CUDENVER -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 17:54:15 -0600

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Steve Read wrote:
> What can anyone say about Denver? I used to live there, and I'm
> thinking about going back next year.

Definitely. I heard today that the Front Range (Denver, Colo. Spgs.,
Boulder, Fort Collins, etc.) is the third-fastest-growing high
tech center in the US. Lots of new companies showing up, from start-ups to
the established gorillas (Sun is establishing a new 3500-person facility
here, e.g.). My impression is the market for tech writers, especially in
software, medical, and defense-related fields, is very good here. Check out
the Rocky Mountain Chapter STC at:

http://www.stcrmc.frcc.cccoes.edu/

A quick count shows 43 jobs listed on the job line (probably not all
current, but there's a lot available). C'mon out.

Jay Mead
Galileo International
jay -dot- mead -at- den -dot- galileo -dot- com