Re: Need passport for Toronto?

Subject: Re: Need passport for Toronto?
From: Beth Mazur <mazur -at- MAYA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 08:49:05 -0500

At 3:47 PM +0000 5/1/97, bkane -at- ARTISOFT -dot- COM wrote:
> Am I going to need a passport to fly from the U.S. into
> Toronto for the STC Annual Conference?

According to the speaker information material I received:

"Citizens or permanent residents of the US are not required to
have a passport or visa, and can usually cross the border into
Canada without difficulty or delay. For native-born US citizens,
however, some form of identification showing citizenship is
strongly recommended (e.g., birth certificate plus photo ID
or, of course, a passport). A permanent resident of the USA
who is not a citizen must possess a 1551 or 1151 certificate
(green card) for arrival to and departure from Canada."

Also worthy to note:

"If you have newly purchased equipment, such as a camera, tape
recorder, or computer equipment, we suggest you register these
items with US customs *prior* to coming to Canada."

Regards,
Beth Mazur
mazur -at- maya -dot- com