Getting Through US Customs

Subject: Getting Through US Customs
From: NANCY KAMINSKI <NKAMINS1 -at- FAIRVIEW -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 08:38:00 -0600

After last year's conference in Seattle, I took some vacation days to be a
tourist. On a rainy day I decided to drive to Vancouver. When I entered
Canada, the customs guy was very polite, very pleasant and
businesslike. Didn't require any ID except my driver's license, purpose of
visit, length of stay.

After poking around Vancouver for about 6 hours, I returned to Seattle.
When I pulled up to the US Customs booth, I found the customs guy with
his feet up on the desk, the chair tilted way back. He yelled through the
window, "Buy anything?" I told him a box of maple candy and a keychain.
He gestured with his thumb and said, "Yer outta here!"

I guess some border crossings are a little looser than others! <g>

Nancy Kaminski
Fairview Hospital and Healthcare
nkamins1 -at- fairview -dot- org