Re: Famous TWs

Subject: Re: Famous TWs
From: Maynard Hogg <maynard -at- GOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 10:46:37 +0900

At [Mon, 5 May 1997 11:03:28 MDT]
Ron Sering CDS <ronaldse -at- MANX -dot- CDS -dot- TEK -dot- COM> wrote:

> ALSO: wouldn't you say that Da
> Vinci did a little techwriting in his day? He didn't write user
> documentation, though, since it was all written backwards....

Sounds just Japanese manuals for home electronics products! <g> The
setup instructions are always in the back!

For the record: Although Japanese newspapers still write verticallly,
technical Japanese is written left to right. One reason, I suppose, is
the occasional use of imported *yokomoji* (lit. "horizontal characters")
when the authors have reasons for not translitering such words into
phonetic script.

===

Maynard Hogg
#306, 4-30-10 Yoga, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo, Japan 158
Fax: +81-3-3700-7399
Internet: maynard -at- gol -dot- com
http://www2.gol.com/users/maynard/
Unsolicited commercial electronic mail sent to this address will be
proofread at a cost of US$200/hour (half-hour minimum).