Re: Need passport for Toronto? [Ref:C099997]

Subject: Re: Need passport for Toronto? [Ref:C099997]
From: Tom Tomasovic <Tom -dot- Tomasovic -at- NA -dot- NWMARKETS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 21:48:05 +0100

Beth et al:

A couple of our people are going to Toronto (I am
not; however, I am going to Winnipeg in June).
Our travel department called for us and determined
that a passport or a birth certificate (along with
some photo ID) could be necessary. There doesn't
seem to be any guarantee that this level of
identification would be required, but . . .

BTW, I am fairly certain that you can actually get
a passport in a matter of days IF you can prove
you have an airline ticket to leave the country.

If you have your BC, you shouldn't need to do
anything.

NOTE: It USED to be the case that drivers'
licenses and voter registration cards were
acceptable, but not now (at least according to my
sources).

IMHO, better safe than sorry.

Regards,

Tom

<<Tom -dot- Tomasovic -at- na -dot- nwmarkets -dot- com>>

I don't speak for NatWest.

Subject: Need passport for Toronto? [Ref:C099997]
Author: INTERNET TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU at Multimessage
Date: 5/2/97 2:58 AM

Am I going to need a passport to fly from the U.S. into
Toronto for the STC Annual Conference?

If so, does anyone know if it's possible to get one on
short notice? I'm running late, that's for sure.