HELP! Word 6.0-MAC-Graphic Filters

Subject: HELP! Word 6.0-MAC-Graphic Filters
From: Sieczkowski Gina <Sieczkowski_Gina -at- EMS -dot- PRC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 13:53:24 -0400

I need to tap the expertise of MS Word users out there.

Here is the problem:
We develop our documentation on Macs using Word 6.0 and we have to
convert to our documents to HTML for online and Internet delivery. We
have been using HTML Transit for the PC to perform our conversions to
HTML. HTML Transit is not converting the TIFF's that we use in the word
document to GIF's. However the graphics need to be in GIF or JPG
format for the web (at least that's what I've been told?). Word for the
Mac does not have a GIF or JPG filter available (I checked Microsoft's
web site). So what we envision doing is converting the graphics using a
batch processing tool like Equilibrium's Debabilizer PRO to convert all
our graphics to GIF. However, that means we will now have two sets of
graphics, which we are trying to avoid.

I would find it hard to believe that we are the only ones who are trying
to go from Word 6.0 to HTML delivery and have this problem.

Please reply to me privately and I will summarize for the whole list.
Thanks in advance !