Re: Re[2]: age discrimination

Subject: Re: Re[2]: age discrimination
From: Jim Purcell <jimpur -at- MICROSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 14:34:53 -0700

Kathleen Padova writes:

> I'm not sure if there's a better way to do this; but I put the years I
> attended college on my resume because I never graduated and I
> feel
> uncomfortable misleading potential employers into thinking I have
> degree. I also put on the major I was studying and if in an
> interview
> I am asked about my degree I am up front that I don't have one.

The usual way to indicate that you went to college but didn't graduate
is "Attended University of Foo with major in Bar Technology." As opposed
to "B.S., University of Foo, Bar Technology."

The line on my resume for post-graduate work goes like this:

Completed course work for M.S., Technical Communication,
University of Washington. Thesis pending.

It will probably pend forever, but I'm doing fine without it.

Jim Purcell
jimpur -at- microsoft -dot- com
My opinions, not Microsoft's