Job posters, please don't stop!

Subject: Job posters, please don't stop!
From: Melissa Hunter-Kilmer <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 09:42:44 EST

Several potential job posters have said recently that the
current -- ah -- climate on this list has made them hesitant
to post more want ads. I'd like to ask them to reconsider.

For every flame you see, I bet there are ten or twenty
listmembers who are happy to see the job posting. _All_ job
postings are interesting to me. I read every one. And I'm
not looking for a job. I do it because knowing what others
are looking for helps me stay current in my skills and
orientation. I also forward some postings to friends who
might be interested.

So please, job posters, don't stop. Keep those postings
coming in. Look on them as you would flaming of your doc.
Even when an uninformed, clueless reviewer flames your work,
you can learn from that flame, right? You're not perfect,
and you can improve, right? Or you can learn that some
people should just plain be ignored.

But don't be afraid of the flames. If you're posting a good
job at a good company, keep your head held high and keep
posting. You could also refer to Matthew 5:10, if that holds
meaning for you.

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer
mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com
(insert standard disclaimer here)