Re: Education on Resume

Subject: Re: Education on Resume
From: Barb Philbrick <caslonsvcs -at- IBM -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 15:11:34 GMT

On Fri, 9 May 1997 15:37:40 PST, you wrote:

> I am interested in knowing how hiring managers feel about education
> that was begun, but never finished. Is it better to put it on the
> resume, or just leave it off?
I like to see that people have an active interest in education and
learning. Technical writing requires us to be constantly learning. If
you find no joy in learning, learning new software and operating
systems and new processes is a chore. I like to hire people that will
like their jobs.

It's not the only thing I look at - interest in learning is certainly
no guarantee that you'll be a good writer - but it counts as a plus in
my book.

Barb

Barbara Philbrick, Caslon Services Inc.