Re: age discrimination

Subject: Re: age discrimination
From: MacGyver <mlee -at- FDLDOTNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 12:16:02 -0500

> I thought that SAT scores have been in a continuous decline since the
> mid 60s (about the time that TV started taking control of most of the
> youth). However, I believe that the SATs have been re-centered? That
> is, what constitutes a score today would have been 5 to 10 points lower
> a decade ago (a person can now miss multiple questions and actually get
> a perfect score). This alone should put some doubt in using SAT scores
> as an indicator of employee development potential. Unless some matrix
> is applied saying that an SAT score achieved in the last decade is
> actually 5 to 10 points lower.
>
> Mike Wing
>
> INTERGRAPH
> | Michael Wing
> | & Principal Technical Writer
> | Infrastructure Technical Information Development
> | Intergraph Corporation; Huntsville, Alabama
> | : http://www.ingr.com/iss/products/mapping/
> | ( (205) 730-7250
> | . mjwing -at- ingr -dot- com

I just started college in January of this year. I graduated Hi School
in 1972 and wasn't even asked for my SAT or ACT scores when I applied
last fall. I was surprised about this, but was also glad in that I
hadn't taken them (I was a rebelious youth). This wasn't to some small
local collage, but the University of Wisconsin. It might have had
something to do with the number of years since I graduated, but the
director of admissions stated that they didn't put much stock in them.

--
/`-_ Mac Funkhouser N9VST Mailto:mlee -at- fdldotnet -dot- com
{ }/ Ripon, WI 54971-1561