Re: Word to Acrobat

Subject: Re: Word to Acrobat
From: Phillip Wilkerson <phillipw -at- ALLENSYSGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 14:47:08 -0400

John Wilcox said about printing from
>Word to the PDFWriter driver. The results were
> very disappointing.
<snip>
> I suppose the difference was Word. Since it has so many other bugs, I
> wouldn't be surprised. Any thoughts?

John:
We got the same type of results you did when we tried using the PDF writer from
both WordPerfect and FrameMaker. Adobe told us the PDFWriter is not as refined
as the Distiller. Through Distiller, however, our results are flawless.

We now only use the PDFWriter to create PDFs "on the fly" for material that is
only used internally (e.g., e-mail, memos, etc.). Any publication going out to
the public gets distilled.

Phil

Phillip C. Wilkerson
Technical Communications Manager