Re: age discrimination

Subject: Re: age discrimination
From: Lynda Straus <Lynda_Straus -at- THEMONEYSTORE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 10:21:29 -0700

Lynda Straus
05/13/97 10:21 AM

I have to admit:
I never took the ACT, SAT, or any other college placement exams, except one
used by the California Community Colleges which simply determines
placement, but does not produce valid *scores* in the same manner as the
well-known tests.

I am eternally glad that most employers (of tech writers) do not require
this sort of validation.

I have also been employed continuously (contract and permanent positions)
in the tech writing field for the past 6 years. (Before that, I had another
life in marketing, before that, in manufacturing.) They didn't seem to need
college placement scores either.

Lynda Straus
The Money Store
Sacramento, CA