Re: HTML Reader - Shareware

Subject: Re: HTML Reader - Shareware
From: "Tamminga, Ernie" <et -at- DSC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 11:09:53 -0700

Microsoft's Internet Explorer is free. It (or any browser) can be used
to read HTML files on any medium, including CD-ROM.

I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it's okay to distribute copies of
it on your CD -- one would need to check with Microsoft about that. But
I also guess that Microsoft would LIKE you to do distribute it (same as
Adobe encourages folks to distribute their free Acrobat Reader), to get
their product in wider distribution in their ongoing battle against
Netscape.

--------
Ernie Tamminga
Director, InfoEngineering