Word6 & 7 headers/footers the same?

Subject: Word6 & 7 headers/footers the same?
From: Dave Meek <meekd -at- WSERVER -dot- DO -dot- LOSRIOS -dot- CC -dot- CA -dot- US>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 16:31:37 -0700

A friend of mine uses Word7 and I use Word6. My friend has encountered a
problem with applying odd-and-even headers to a single section of a multiple
section document--it doesn't work. His .doc file contains over 80 pages and
has section breaks. The problem seems the same as that in Word6 (I avoid
this problem by breaking long documents into multiple .doc files of less
than 25 pages each).

My question: Is this the same problem in Word7 as in Word6?

Thanks!