Chat: STC techwhirler banquet a hit!

Subject: Chat: STC techwhirler banquet a hit!
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 12:34:25 -0500

Just got back from the STC conference, and I'm almost
caught up on the voicemail and mailmail (don't even mention
the e-mail to me!), so I thought I'd take a mid-lunch break
to congratulate everyone who worked on the conference,
presenters as well as organizers: it was great! I was
amazed at how many techwhirler lurkers knew me on sight
from Bev's web page or from my name badge. It was a great
ice breaker, and I enjoyed talking to all of you! Just wish
there'd been more time.

Additional thanks to Robert Sidman and his helpmates for
organizing the techwr-l dinner: nearly 90 of us took the CN
tower restaurant by storm and ate and chatted the night
away. Now if only we could have figured out how to escape
the tower afterwards... definitely a job for some usability
testers there! <grin> Thanks also to LaVonna for her nifty
yellow techwhirler badges... made spotting each other in
the crowds that much easier, and led to many great
conversations.

Sigh. Back to reality. Anyone got a desktop shovel?