Re: Agency Response - margins

Subject: Re: Agency Response - margins
From: Buck & Tilly Buchanan <writer -at- DHC -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 04:31:47 -0500

> KTINY -at- AOL -dot- COM wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Margins
> > in the NY metro and Boston metro area do not support 50% as a
> > standard
> > mark-up.

My agency marks up exactly 51.8%. I've seen the invoice.

I'm looking for an opportunity to change reps, but everyone is afraid to
take me on because they *might lose their T-I business* if they steal a
client. they apparently have an agreement not to take a client from T-I
and that extends even to changing reps/leaving the employee at T-I.

I've been with Texas Instruments for about 4.5 years (three separate
contracts).

Often, I get calls from new reps with the same old companies who haven't
been told about THE RULE. Most of these contacts come from my listing
on STC. They invariably call back to say, we're sorry but we can't
submit you because of THE RULE.

I love the people and the job but a two hour per day commute has become
just too much.

Tilly Buchanan
writer -at- dhc -dot- net
Arlington, TX