Clue me in

Subject: Clue me in
From: Hillary Jones <hillary -at- NICHIMEN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 08:46:57 -0700

I'm sorry if I'm representing the bottom of the "smarts" barrel here,
but I hear about HTML-help from every direction, and even my own company
distributes documentation as HTML files--my question is, how does it
work? Now, please don't refer me to references on creating HTML files,
because I know how to do that. What I want to know is how do people use
documentation or online help that is in the form of HTML?

I have never used software that has HTML help, and it seems that on the
typical little computer screen, it would be awfully hard to be working
with your software and reading steps off of an HTML browser at the same
time--how would all the windows fit on your screen? Are these HTML help
files integrated into the software in some way?

If you're experienced with HTML-help or have seen it in action, please
clue me in! You can respond to me privately if you want.

Thanks in advance!

Hillary Jones

hillary -at- nichimen -dot- com