Re: Documenting Floating windows - how would you do it?

Subject: Re: Documenting Floating windows - how would you do it?
From: Fabien Vais <phantoms -at- ACCENT -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 17:47:09 -0400

Carla,

First of all, IMHO, the documentation should not be organized by module, but
rather BY TASK. Task-oriented documentation is generally much more useful
than module- (or function-) oriented documentation. It is my experience that
users do not need to know about "modules". They are more concerned about
tasks that they are trying to accomplish using the software. And if the doc.
is organized by task, then there are no such things as "floating windows"!!

Second, I am in favor of repetition for the sake of clarity. So, if several
tasks require the user to work with a specific window, then repeat the
description of that window in each task that uses it.

Fabien