Re: [1] Math symbols (sqrt) in html

Subject: Re: [1] Math symbols (sqrt) in html
From: Steve Fouts <stefou -at- ESKIMO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 13:25:23 -0700

>From: John Trollope <John_Trollope -at- watsonwyatt -dot- com>
>Date: Tue May 27 08:22:20 MDT 1997
> I'm doing the Mother of all Help to Html Conversions at the moment. One
of the

> documents uses quite a bit of mathemetical notation. Are there a set of
HTML
> tags that deal with mathmetical notation (in particular, equations using
square

> roots and summation symbols)? I'm trying to use as few gifs as possible.

The proposed HTML 3.0 standard included a block tag called <math></math>
that included the ability to do complex equations in HTML.

For whatever reason, <math> was deleted from the HTML 3.2 proposal.

It is still under discussion for inclusion in a later HTML standard.

So the short answer is no.