Using ATM or Not

Subject: Using ATM or Not
From: "K. John Russell" <jrussell -at- COMMSOFT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 09:03:14 -0400

I've been using ATM in conjunction with FrameMaker for a few years and have only seen a few quirks (like availability of certain fonts not managed by ATM, etc.) But I've not had the chance (yet) to actually move Frame documents into PDF files.

In all this talk about using ATM in combination with PDF files, some people have mentioned that they have turned ATM off completely. This raises an interesting question for me.

Why? What are the pros and cons of using or not using ATM? Why have some people turned it off?

I have just assumed that ATM was what I should be using. Maybe I should not be so hasty.

--
John Russell
jrussell -at- commsoft -dot- net