Re: Turn-key supplier instead of OEM

Subject: Re: Turn-key supplier instead of OEM
From: Pete Kloppenburg <pkloppen -at- CERTICOM -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 10:43:55 -0400

E. T. Hull writes:
> Thanks to all of you who responded to my "co-maker which became OEM"
> problem. I agree that OEM does not fit the situation. How about "turn-key
> supplier"?

Yes, I think that's the correct use of that term. My understanding of the
phrase "turn-key solution" is that the supplier basically handles everything,
and comes on site to fix any problems. The customer simply uses the
product, and does not need to worry about becoming educated in its
care and maintenance.

On the other hand, "turn-key supplier" ... Well, I guess anybody who is
familiar with "turn-key solution" would immediately grasp what a
"turn-key supplier" is.

Pete Kloppenburg - pkloppen -at- certicom -dot- com
Technical Writer
Certicom
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada