Re: to author/write

Subject: Re: to author/write
From: Sven Niemetz <sven -at- JPS -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 08:47:51 -0700

Maybe my linguistic lenses are foggy because I'm a furgner -
but:

I wrote that html-doc = I actually wrote every word of content in it

I authored that site = I wrote some, and used material from elsewhere, but
basically, the whole thing has my name on it.

Seem that 'authoring' assigns responsibility/credit while blurring the
actual origin - plus, it sounds a lot better when referring to content that
does not fit the traditional connotation of 'to write'(i.e., no pen, no paper).

Meine Meinung, ganz allein.
Sven