Re: Is it just me? S/W doc question

Subject: Re: Is it just me? S/W doc question
From: Melonie Holliman <mrh -at- ABMDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 07:56:53 +0000

Howdy,

Boy, do I know this one!! I work for a small company where I am
the only TW. Everyone on this project reports to the same person.
My biggest problem is what he considers to be a change in the
SW verses what I consider to be a change. The GUI guy changed
one command from double-clicking to get the signal detail to
right-clicking to get a pop-up menu and then choose the
signal detail. My boss did not consider this a change. I have
finally gotten to the point that I bug the programmers until
I get the latest version of the software and then I peruse
it myself for changes. I know I have missed some changes;
however, I miss less than if I believe my boss when he says
"nothing has changed".

I am usually one of those "hate to make waves" people. In this
job, however, I have learned to bribe, pester, scream, shout, and
even stamp my foot if that is what gets the info I need to make a
good document for my user.

Melonie Holliman
The Tech Writer
ABM Data Systems, Inc.