Re: techwr job stats & curriculum

Subject: Re: techwr job stats & curriculum
From: barryk -at- MDHOST -dot- CSE -dot- TEK -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 09:42:49 -0700

On Tue, 3 Jun 1997 John -dot- Cornellier -at- PARIS -dot- IE -dot- PHILIPS -dot- COM wrote:

> Brief curriculum outline

> Writing:
> gathering & verifying information
> writing instructions and procedures
> developing a strong and concise style
> writing for online

Your outline looks great! I wish there was something like this way back
when I was learning the ropes!

I would add to the Writing list: Basic Interviewing Skills.

Most of the information I acquire from the SME's that I work with is
acquired through an interview process.

Most SME's are very time limited, and the very mention of an "interview"
drives them to hide in a locked lab. Students would benefit from learning
basic interviewing skills, so they do not impose on the SME's time.

Just my opinion...

Barry Kieffer
Technical Writer
Tektronix, Inc.