Re: Word 95 question

Subject: Re: Word 95 question
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 09:55:45 -0800

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997 09:15:20 -0400, Becca Price wrote:

>My dad is looking to delete some icons from his desktop without
>necessarily removing the applicaition. He heard of a program called
>TweakUI that is supposed to do this, but can't find it. I'm a Win3.1
>user still, so can't help him - does anyone here have any advice,
>information, etc. I can pass on?

BTW, TweakUI is not necessary for this except to remove a few
system-specific icons such as Network Neighborhood (I've tried to do so
using TweakUI, BTW, and had Windows 95 completely remove networking
support along with it. MS's desktop is not particularly intelligent,
PowerToys or not). In fact, any icons except for My Computer, Network
Neighborhood and the Recycle Bin can be moved and/or deleted. These
three, it seems, MUST remain on the desktop (pretty brain-dead, if you
ask me).

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>

No more turning away / From the weak and the weary
No more turning away / From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
It's not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away?
- Pink Floyd, "On The Turning Away"