PageMaker: That's it!

Subject: PageMaker: That's it!
From: Jennifer Kraus <jlkraus -at- AMETEKWATER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 14:21:35 -0500

----------
From: Jennifer Kraus[SMTP:jlkraus -at- AMETEKWATER -dot- COM]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 1997 2:15 PM
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Subject: Re: Pagemaker page numbering

Debbie wrote:=20

I'm not sure if this would work, but have you tried placing each section =
as
a separate story? Maybe that would work?

I don't think this will work...I believe page numbering works in a =
document-wide manner, independently of whatever stories are used in the =
document.=20

If you're using PageMaker 6, maybe multiple master pages would do the =
trick...using one set of master pages for the TOC/front matter, and a =
second set for the other pages. I've never tried it, but it seems like =
it should work (which means it probably won't:))

I'm frustrated because I've done this before (in PM5) on journals using =
roman numerals for front matter, and I can't remember what we did. =
Whatever it was, it was a pain in the rear. I'll see if I can't try to =
dig up my old PM files tonight at home and see how we solved our page =
numbering dilemma.=20

Jennifer Kraus
(who will be Jennifer Jelinek in 9 days)
Technical Writer/Webmeister
Ametek Water Filters
Sheboygan, WI
jlkraus -at- ametekwater -dot- com