Re: (Fwd) Re: where to buy books

Subject: Re: (Fwd) Re: where to buy books
From: Pam Owen <Nighthawk1 -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 23:55:39 -0400

Just thought I'd add another consideration to buying on the cheap. I'm not
sure about the online bookstores, but when you buy a book from a big
discount store in the real world, the writer gets less royalty money than
if you paid full price. It's hard to balance economic considerations for
yourself and your family with consideration for our fellow writers, but for
those of you aspiring to being published, this might hit a little close to
home.

>Mike Collier - SSG wrote:
>>
>> I don't know about your neighborhood, but in mine, independent
>> booksellers are struggling. . . . .

Theodora Mazza replied:>