Re: Shortcut vs. Accelerator keys

Subject: Re: Shortcut vs. Accelerator keys
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 09:39:41 -0500

Peter Kent wrote:

> What really amazes me, though, is that some people actually buy the *Wired*
> style guide! Why would anyone want to copy that atrocious "look-at-us-we-jus
> t-got-out-of-diapers-and-figured-out-all-the-neat-things-you-can-do-with-a-d
> esktop-publishing-program-and-don't-really-care-how-easy-it-is-to-read"
> style?

This must be Ranters Unite Day on the list. I couldn't agree more. I
took one look at those lime green pages and shoved the Wired style guide
back on the shelf in horror. Well, maybe not horror, but at least strong
disdain.

Are there any sensible style guides out there? Something along the lines
of Chicago with computer-specific emendations? Most important, guides
not published by people who want to be Ruler of the World? These are
serious questions, by the way, not rants.

Steve

--
Stephen P. Victor Phone: (713) 513-2552
Technical Writer, Software Training Fax: (713) 513-2019