Re: Juggle Act (Kudos)

Subject: Re: Juggle Act (Kudos)
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:11:44 -0500

I was expecting that as well, I'm pleasantly surprised.

I've found, through bitter experience, that the balancing act is mandatory.
You can't do good work if that's all you do. I first discovered that in
college. One semester I got serious, dropped everything but class work,
attended no parties, played no games, drank no beer, kept my nose to the
grindstone, and flunked everything even vaguely relevant. Got D's in
Shakespeare and German. Total loss on everything else.

Since then, I've acquired a family that keeps me on an even keel whether
that's what I want or not.

I recently cleaned up my email archives. I noticed something odd: there
were a few months that I was seriously writing fiction in the evenings. My
outgoing email from that period is excellent.

Mike Huber
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com