Hard copy manual: Who does layout?

Subject: Hard copy manual: Who does layout?
From: Kathleen Padova <kpadova -at- ASICENTRAL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 12:00:00 -0500

Thanks for all your responses, public and private. I was very
interested to hear those situations where designers and writers
collaborated positively.

It seems the best solution right know is to lay low. Our next manual
isn't coming up for 2 months and I think our director will have
forgotten by then. Although I am tempted to see how many pieces our
director is in after he suggests to the Design Director that they
start doing text layout. <grin> They have an incredible workload
already.

We will probably, quietly, use the Word/Pagemaker combination.
Eventually I would like to learn FrameMaker.

Thanks again,

Kathleen Padova
kpadova -at- millstar -dot- com